This post will guide you through the steps to deploy Oracle Web Tier 22.214.171.124.0. This instance will later be upgraded to 126.96.36.199.0 by applying PatchSet 1 (12395155) and configured to serve as a front end for WebLogic as part of an Oracle Business Intelligence environment. If you find this post useful please or Share it!
- Read through the Fusion MiddleWare 11g Documentation to verify your system meets all pre-requisites
- Download the Oracle Web Tier 188.8.131.52.0 installer
- Download Patch Set 1 in anticipation of your upgrade to 184.108.40.206.0
- Make sure that the first entry in your system’s host file contains a valid host name (ie.
- 220.127.116.11 obiee.acme.com obiee)
- Run the setup.exe file to start your installation
- Click next on the welcome screen
- Select the Install and Configure option and click next
- Verify that all pre-requisite tests are successfull and click next
- Specify the location of your oracle middleware home and the name of your new web tier oracle home directory
Note: The WebLogic server must already be installed in the same middleware home you specify.
- Select to configure instances of Oracle HTTP Server and Oracle Web Cache, also select to associate these components with your weblogic domain
- Enter the host name and port of your weblogic domain and then enter the domain’s admnistrator credentials
- Confirm the instance name, location and component names and click next
- Enter a password for the administrator of your new web cache instance
- Allow the installer to perform automatic port configuration using the default port numbers for services
- Provide your Oracle Support credentials, this will register this instance so that it will be available for support and, if specified, allow you to receive security updates via e-Mail
- Review theconfiguration presented in the summary screen is correct and click Install to begin the process.
- Review the information on the completed install progress screen, make a note of the install log location and click next.
- Review the information presented in the final summary screen, make a note of component urls and click finish to finalize the initial install and configuration process