- Start > Control Pannel> Add Hardware
- Click next on the Welcome screen
- When ask if you have connected your hardware, specify yes
- In the next dialog select Add new hardware device
- On the following screen select Network Adapters
- Select Microsoft > Microsoft Loopback Adapter from the list
- Select next in the following screen to install your loopback adapter
- Click finish to complete this section of the installation process
- Find your newly created adapter by going to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections
- Right click your new connection and select Properties
- Select the Internet Protocol on the second section of the screen and click properties
- In the IP properties dialog configure a static IP address following the example belowIP Address: 10.10.10.35 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Once you have configured a static IP address you will have completed the configuration of your new loopback adapter.
For instructions on configuring your hosts file to correctly use your loopback adapter when installing Oracle products see this post.
If you find this post useful please or Share our site!
This short reference article will guide readers through the configuration process for a loopback adapter, this is a pre-requisite for most Oracle server software installs…